Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

An Update on my Niece

Well, I figured it was time to give an update on my neice Cierra. A few months ago I posted about what happened with her and the Swine Flu. She has made some amazing progress! Everytime I see her she has made a huge improvement from the last time I had seen her. She can sit up, she doesn't thrash around at all anymore and we think she understands us when we talk to her. It was really hard on Christmas though because she wasn't excited about it at all and that was really hard for everyone to see. Especially for my sister, Angie, because she saw how all the other kids were acting on Christmas morning and Cierra just sat there...but on a happier note, I just saw her tonight and she is taking baby steps! Literally, she will stand and shuffle her feet. She will stand up but she is still not strong enough to stand on her own. She was laying down on the floor and then she got up and sat up all by herself. What a big girl! She is making such great progress and we are so proud of her! It still breaks my heart to see her like this. I look her in the eyes and she still doesn't see me...I think that's what hurts the most. She loved me, everytime she would see me she would run up to me and hug me and say "Auntie Britty!" and now when I see her she doesn't react. I can't wait for the day when I can look her in the eye and have her look at me and she will actually know that it's me. I know that day will come and when it does I know that miracles do happen.

2 comments:

Sami Dara said...

We are so glad she is making progress. There was one day we were at the Barnum's and she was there and it broke my heart! But I am glad she's progressing! Thanks for updating!

Lindsey said...

Hey Brittany! It was good to hear from you. I'm excited to start reading your blog. I would still recommend The Baby Whisperer Book. My problem was that I started it too late and now I'm at home for a month and her schedule has been thrown off. I really think I will try the Baby Whisperer thing with my next baby. I have heard that Babywise is great too, so maybe I would recommend reading that too and then you can decide which one you like better. But maybe that's a lot of reading. :) Congratulations on your upcoming addition and good luck!